What makes us happy? Life is full of an abundance of options and opportunities, but which ones make us happy? How then can you tell the difference between something worth keeping and investing in, versus something that brings temporary pleasure. It seems having a disposable philosophy can only bring you temporary fulfillment and in today’s day and age we apply this mindset to our jobs, relationships and material possessions.
For those of you who are in the pursuit of happiness, the following wisdom may help you guide your way.
Since I believe in the importance of commitment and focus in life to achieve one’s goals and happiness, I have provided a short list you can follow to achieve tangible happiness:
- Listen To Your Intuition; you know that feeling that starts in your gut and then somehow makes it to your head and gives you doubts. That is your intuition and it is always right no matter who tells you otherwise.
- Make Lists: I know this sounds obvious but in fact to many of use do it for work but not for our own life purpose and path. Answer these 3 questions: what do I want to have? What do I want to do? What do I want to accomplish before I die?
- Make An Action Plan: When you have made a list of max 30 things for each of the questions above, make an action plan with timelines on how you will achieve these things. Remember to work backwards, this will allow you to plan starting from now so that you may achieve all your goals by the timeline you wish.
- Stay The Course: Yes persistence is key to achieving anything, anyone and everything you want. Commit and pursue.
- Let It Go: Let go of anyone or anything that is holding you back or toxic to your life mission.
- Be Positive: Surround yourself with positive people, get ride of all the negative thoughts that are slowing you down. Yoga and meditation can also help. Keep active, eat healthy and be part of a community.
If you are in pursuit of happiness, it is in your grasp. Focus and commit yourself to living an authentic life with a purpose and a plan. What is important is that you achieve your goals and you find fulfillment. Knowing yourself and what you want out of life is the most important goal to achieve before you can implement an action plan. Ultimately that is what we roam the earth trying to do. But don’t forget timing is everything, our life is finite and sometimes too many choices leaves you with nothing in the end. You are the master of your life and the narrator of your story.
If you have any other suggestion, please do not hesitate to leave comments.